We are often asked about how to care for our products and so we have put together some key points to bear in mind when using and storing our products. We take time to source the best quality available with most of our herbs and essential oils being organic.
We want you to get the best from them and to keep them in tip top condition so read on!
* Keep your herbs, powders and essential oils in a cool dry dark place - away from children
* Make sure your lids and bags on herbs and essential oils are airtight
* Keep all essential oils out of direct sunlight
* Avoid storing in humid areas such as the bathroom, window, stove
* Some oils such as sandalwood actually mature over time
* Some citrus oils can expire sooner than others - approx 12 months
* Keep the cap on, don’t leave cap off for long periods of time unless your animal is still selecting and using an oil/extract
* Put the right lid back on the right bottle to avoid contamination!
* Floral waters last for approx 1 year
Just to note that we are the only supplier that provide named lids to avoid cross contamination 😄💚 which can be disastrous - for example putting the Garlic lid on the Rose otto bottle!
PS Aromatherapy essential oils are not appropriate for the self-selection approach!
Hi! My name is Carly and I head up the Whitethorn Team. I am also a life long lover of Dogs and Horses. When my mare was having regular episodes of Colic I looked around for a solution and found Applied Zoopharmacognosy (also called the self-selection method and free choice botanicals). I was so impressed that I trained in this fascinating effective herbal approach and have gone on now to train others. That was over a decade ago and I am now part of the Whitethorn Team and work with horses and dogs all over the world to help them restore emotional and physical health. As part of the support we offer, we also supply herbal remedies at our online shop along with providing workshops and one-to-one mentoring (Onsite & Online) on how to work with them. We truly hope that you enjoy and maybe learn a little from our blog. Carly and the Whitethorn Team, Sligo Ireland
© WHITETHORN HERBALS 2019 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
TRADING UNDER WHITETHORN EQUINE HEALTH LTD
WHITETHORN FARM, LAVAGH, BALLYMOTE, CO SLIGO ROI.
CO REG DUBLIN 644782