Garlic essential oil
Garlic essential oil (Allium sativum)
Horses and Dogs may select Garlic essential oil when presenting with the following symptoms:
- Bacterial & viral infections - particularly respiratory
- Conditions that require increased circulation
- Respiratory inflammatory conditions - COPD/RAO
- Depressed immunity - increases white blood cells
- Skin issues - Sweet itch, rain scold, mud fever
We strongly recommend that you keep your bottle firmly enclosed in a separate container as it is incredibly potent and may contaminate your other extracts!
Garlic dilates capillaries and helps in conditions that benefit from increased blood supply such as Navicular Syndrome. However, if your horse is being given Warfarin (or any other anti-coagulant) there may be contraindications.
Always offer Garlic last when offering antibacterial oils as it's powerful odor can leave the horse temporarily less able to detect medicinal qualities of subsequent plant extracts.
Top Tip !
Keep your bottle of Garlic inside another container to prevent your tack room/home reeking of it.