Equine Herbal Wksp (Applied Zoopharmacognosy) Foundation Level 20th/21st April '24 Lismore, Waterford
This weekend of discovery will be your first solid step on the journey to acquiring a life-long skillset that will empower you to restore and maintain your horse’s health using herbs, essential oils and minerals.
You will have the opportunity to learn how to work with physical issues such as sprains, wounds, laminitis, hormonal imbalances as well as behavioural issues such as fear, anxiety and aggression.
This workshop is a blend of theory inside the classroom and practical learning outside on the yard. During this workshop participants will have the opportunity to:
- Watch and interact with Live demonstrations
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how horses self-select plant extracts
- Become familiar with the process and techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses
- Become aware of why and how horses differentiate between the various ways of self-administering herbal extracts
- Discover sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective results
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues and emotional issues
- Discover the Zoopharmacognosist kit
In addition to the above attendees will receive:
- Learning pack including notes and herbal samples (valued at €60)
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on Whitethorn Herbal's website
- Eligibility to attend Equine Level 2 Masterclass and Equine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion for your CV
Please note: This workshop is for those that wish to commence working with their own personal horses at home and is not a practitioner course!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements. For outside Ireland, check with your regulatory body.
See more details below plus what our students have to say about their experiences!
Listen to Silke's learning experience
Hear how Trish helped Ivanhoe
Gana talks about our workshop!
- Onsite participants can engage and participate in Live clinical sessions as part of the learning process
- Free herbal samples (value of €60) for initial experience of offering
- Opportunity to have a free one-to-one consultation with Carly regarding your horse within the workshop
- Reference notes including numerous case studies
- Access to online Extracts for Conditions for easy reference whilst working in stable - no juggling paper/books!
- Dedicated Facebook group for ongoing support
- Discounted student rates for further mentoring
- Eligibility to attend CPD and Masterclass Classes & apply for the Professional Practitioner Program
About a year later I attended another weekend of Level 2 coaching. Level 2 goes deeper into the theory of zoopharmacognosy, and allows the participants to use their own ideas and suggestions when working with the horses.
Personally I love the fact that it is always the horse that choses. They are not held at all. Joining in is totally up to them.
Personally I have seen some very clear reactions and have had one owner say that without the oils she probably wouldn't still have her horse.
I am just a real novice who is fascinated. To learn properly go to one of Carly's courses "
Alison Mastin Moore, List 1 British Dressage Judge and Coach & retired FEI Para Olympic Judge, NI
The day starts at 9.30am and finishes between 4.30 - 5pm. Lunch break 1pm and tea breaks as needed.
Morning: Theory in the form of presentation in the morning including video clips to demonstrate horse responses
Afternoon: Applied Zoopharmacognosy session in the yard with two or more horses with varying ailments/issues.