- Zoopharmacognosy Kits
- Equine Musculoskeletal Support Kit
Equine Musculoskeletal Support Kit
After consulation with Equine Physiotherapists, we have care and consideration, compiled a kit of the most regularly selected oils for horses suffering from tissue and muscle damage. This Kit can be used to offer after routine and hard work.
Our Musculoskeletal Support Kit is comprised of the following 11 extracts:
- Arnica CO2 (5ml) - muscle and tissue damage/trauma
- Black Pepper essential oil (5ml) - sore, bruised and aching muscles
- Carrot Seed, Wild, essential oil (2.5ml) - cellular repair and regeneration
- German Chamomile essential oil (2.5ml) - anti inflammatory
- Juniper Berry essential oil (5ml) - tense, stressed, stiff muscles
- Lavender essential oil (5ml) - cellular regeneration
- Peppermint essential oil (5ml) - anti inflammatory, strains
- Valerian root essential oil * (2.5ml) - sedative, muscle relaxant
- Violet Leaf absolute (2.5ml) - anticipation/fear of pain, nervous to touch
- Wintergreen essential oil * (5ml) - analgesic, trapped nerves
- Yarrow essential oil (2.5ml) - anti inflammatory, tissue damage
Whilst the above oils are useful in a physiotherapy & rehabilitative context, they all have more than one application and so are often selected for other issues as well as muscle and tissue damage. Dried herbs such as Comfrey and Devil's Claw root are also often selected for tissue damage although are not included in this Kit.
Topical application - It is important to only apply topically if the horse indictates that a topical application is required. To administer without consent may harm the horse. If you need guidance on this modality please either consider attending our workshops or availing of one of our mentoring options.
*Essential oils that are on the FEI controlled list of substances for those competing