Equine Pharmacognosy Wksp Foundation Level Europe/Ireland/UK 30th April, 1st May 2022
This 2 day weekend workshop may be attended either online (through Zoom) or onsite at our Clinic in Sligo, Ireland. This course will give participants a broad and thorough introduction to Equine Applied Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. It will be your first solid step on a journey of aquiring a life-long skillset that will aid you in restoring and maintaining the health of horses in your care. Attendees will be shown how to offer for issues that the everyday horse owner encounters. This workshop is a prerequisite for the Masterclass Level and the Equine Zoopharmacognosy Practitioner program.
Gana talks about our workshop!
Listen to Silke's learning experience!
Hear how Trish helped Ivanhoe!
- Watch and interact with Live demonstrations from our Clinic in Sligo, Ireland
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how horses self-select plant extracts
- Become familiar with the process and techniques of offering through video clips and live sessions
- Identifying behavioural responses - negative and positive
- Become aware of how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their selections
- Discover sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective selection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
- Become familiar with the Zoopharmacognosist kit
- Learning pack including notes and herbal samples for offering to your horse
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on our website
- Eligibility to attend Equine Level 2 Masterclass and Equine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
Class starts at 9.30am (Sat) and10am (Sun) and finishes between 4.30 - 5pm. Lunch break around 1.30pm
Regular screen breaks are included for online attendees
Morning: Theory in the form of presentation in the morning including video clips to demonstrate horse responses
Afternoon: Applied Zoopharmacognosy session in the yard with two or more horses with varying ailments. Wide angle camera's plus a mobile camera are used to ensure detailed observation for students