Equine Herbal Wksp (Applied Zoopharmacognosy) Wksp Foundation Level Europe/Ireland/UK 2024 date tbc
This Equine Herbal workshop (Applied Zoopharmacognosy) may be attended either online (through Zoom) or onsite at our Clinic in Sligo, Ireland. This life changing course will be your first solid step on the journey to acquiring a life-long skillset that will empower you to restore and maintain your horse’s health using herbs and essential oils.
You will learn how to work with such physical issues as sprains, wounds, laminitis, hormonal imbalances as well as behavioural issues such as fear, anxiety and aggression. This course is hands-on with multiple practical sessions where participants can learn how to offer for issues that they may encounter with their horse.
Why learn with us?
- Onsite participants can engage and participate in Live clinical sessions as part of the learning process
- Interactive online experience ; wide angle cameras plus Roving Yard Cam gives all-round detailed viewing
- Online participants contribute to guiding the session
- A Certified Course
- Free herbal samples (value of €60) for initial experience of offering
- Opportunity to have a free one-to-one consultation with Carly regarding your horse within the workshop
- Extensive reference notes including numerous case studies
- Access to online Extracts for Conditions for easy reference whilst working in stable - no juggling paper/books!
- Dedicated Facebook group for ongoing support
- Discounted student rates for further mentoring
- Eligibility to attend CPD and Masterclass Classes & Professional Practitioner Program
See more details below plus what our students have to say about their experiences!
Gana talks about our workshop!
Listen to Silke's learning experience!
Hear how Trish helped Ivanhoe!
The calm and beauty of the countryside is magnificent as was the learning experience. Classroom and practical sessions with horses allowed us to start to understand how the essential oils, powders, clays herbs and more could be used.
About a year later I attended another weekend of Level 2 coaching. I, along with a few others attended on-line, whilst the majority were on site. The technical set up worked amazingly both in the classroom and in each horse's stable.
Level 2 goes deeper into the theory of zoopharmacognosy, and allows the participants to use their own ideas and suggestions when working with the horses.
Personally I love the fact that it is always the horse that choses. They are not held at all. Joining in is totally up to them.
Personally I have seen some very clear reactions and have had one owner say that without the oils she probably wouldn't still have her horse. I am just a real novice who is fascinated.To learn properly go to one of Carly's courses at Whitethorn Farm"
Alison Mastin Moore, List 1 British Dressage Judge and Coach & retired FEI Para Olympic Judge, NI
- Watch and interact with Live demonstrations
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how horses self-select plant extracts
- Become familiar with the process and techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses - negative and positive
- Become aware of how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their selections
- Discover sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective selection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
- Become familiar with the Zoopharmacognosist kit
- Learning pack including notes and herbal samples for offering to your horse
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on our website
- Eligibility to attend Equine Level 2 Masterclass and Equine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
Class starts at 9.30am (Sat) and 10am (Sun) and finishes between 4.30 - 5pm. Lunch break around 1.30pm
Regular screen breaks are included for online attendees
Morning: Theory in the form of presentation in the morning including video clips to demonstrate horse responses
Afternoon: Applied Zoopharmacognosy session in the yard with two or more horses with varying ailments. Wide angle camera's plus a mobile camera are used to ensure detailed observation for students