Equine Pharmacognosy Wksp Level 1 Online/Onsite (Sligo, Ireland) 30th April, 1st May 2022
This 2 day weekend workshop may be attended either online through Zoom or onsite at our Clinic in Sligo, Ireland. This course will give participants a broad and thorough introduction to Equine Pharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. This will allow attendees to commence offering plant extracts to horses in their care for such physical issues as infection, wounds, strains, hormonal imbalance, and emotional issues such as anxiety, fear, aggression etc..
By the end of the course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how horses self-select plant extracts in order to restore health
- Become familiar with the process and subtle techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses - negative and positive
- Become aware of how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their selections
- Discover sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective selection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
In addition Online attendees will receive:
- Learning pack including extensive notes and herbal samples for offering
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on our website
- Eligibility to attend Equine Level 2 and Equine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees learning experiences with us!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements