Canine Pharmacognosy Wksp Foundation Level Online - 12th, 13th & 20th Nov 2022
This 3 day online workshop (10am - 3.30pm via Zoom) with live demonstrations, will give participants a broad and thorough introduction to Canine Pharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. This will allow the attendee to gain a life-long skillset that will enable them to offer plant extracts to canines in their care for such physical issues as infection, wounds, pain, hormonal imbalance, and emotional issues such as anxiety, fear, aggression etc..
By the end of the course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how dogs self-select plant extracts in order to restore health
- Participate in an online human and canine self-selection session with your dog
- Become familiar with the process and subtle techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses - negative and positive
- Become aware of how and why dogs differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their selections
- Learn about sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective selection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
You will also receive:
- Learning pack including Canine & Human self-selection samples* (see below)
- Receive support during the week between the weekends guiding you in your offering practice with your dog** (see below)
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on our website
- Eligibility to attend Canine Level 2 and Canine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
- Shop voucher to get your kit started!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
Listen to what Susan McSweeney, Dog Trainer, had to say about our Canine Foundation workshop!
- Canine Herbal Compendium
- Slide presentation handouts and notes
- Canine Zoopharmacognosy Session Sheet to record your dogs extract selections
- Extracts for Conditions index
- Weekly recording sheet for your dogs extract selections
**The course is spread over 3 days (during two weekends a fortnight apart) to allow a period in between the two weekends for participants the opportunity to practice if they wish with their dogs during which there will be a predetermined period of time allocated daily for Q&A's and support/guidance from Carly. Unfortunately due to time constraints and no's attending, Carly is unable to evaluate individual videos taken by owners of their dogs selecting. However, if you require one-to-one video guidance please consider availing of a directed skype/zoom mentoring session by Carly for your dog. Please click here for further details.
Paula, Zoopharmacognosy student had this to say about our online workshop:
"I honestly found Carly's online Zoopharmacognosy workshop very helpful in expanding my knowledge and skill base on working with my animals, I had thought 2 days online . But the interaction was fabulous and the two days flew way too quickly, I highly recommend the online course "