Canine Herbal Wksp Foundation 11th & 12th May ONLINE
This Canine Herbal weekend Online interactive workshop will be your first step in acquiring a life-long skillset to work with herbal extracts and essential oils in order to restore and maintain your Dog's health.
Participants will have the opportunity to gain a broad and thorough understanding of Canine Applied Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits and how it can help them as dog owners on a day-to-day basis to tackle such physical issues as infection, wounds, pain, hormonal imbalances as well as emotional issues such as anxiety, fear, aggression etc.
The Applied Zoopharmacognosy approach works with your dog's innate ability to self-select herbal remedies. This is a individualised medicine approach that takes into consideration your own dog's unique physiology as well as individual genetic inheritance:
By the end of the workshop you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how dogs self-select plant extracts in order to restore health
- Become familiar with the process and subtle techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses
- Become aware of how and why dogs differentiate between the 6 ways of self-administering
- Learn about sequential selection and simultaneous offering
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
You will also avail of:
- Free 20min consultation (post workshop via zoom) to discuss your dog's specific issues
- Learning pack: Ref notes, 6 x herbal pouches for offering to your dog (valued at €71.50)
- Access to our Membership section listings which extracts to offer for specific symptoms and conditions
- Eligibility to attend Canine Masterclass and Canine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
See more details below plus what our students have to say about their experiences
This interactive workshop is delivered online via zoom platform. Basic science and theory (minimal) are discussed along with practical techniques demonstrated through a wide range of case studies and video's. Attendees participation is encouraged through 'Human Offering and Dog Offering' exercises along with quizzes and lots of fun.
Both days start at 9.30am and finish between 4 - 4.30pm (GMT +1) Lunch break 1pm and comfort breaks as needed.
*Participant's learning pack includes:
- Canine herbal samples to offer to your dog (Value €71.50)
- Canine Herbal Compendium
- Slide presentation handouts for two days
- Canine Zoopharmacognosy Session Sheets to record your dog's selections
Listen to what Susan McSweeney, Cork Dog Trainer, had to say about our Canine Foundation workshop!
I attended the Foundation Level Zoopharmacognosy course for Canines in September.
Such an incredible amount of learning and energy.
The connection I had with my 2 dogs was incredible, it was an opportunity to enable me feel more confident in helping them enrich and live their best lives.
The effects on them was much deeper than I was expecting.
It was a very powerful sense of belonging for me.
It was an extraordinary weekend and I am so grateful to have finally met with Carly from Whitethorn Herbals.
Joanne O'Reilly, Sligo
I attended Carly's online workshop a few weeks ago, and since then I have been using the oils on my very nervous, anxious 9 year old male labrador and the results so far are astounding. I adopted him on New Years Day so we have been together just over 3 months. There are a few trust issues we are working on and I have to admit they can be quite challenging. He has had to face quite a few changes over the past few months, such as moving house 4 times in 6 months and settling into his now (hopefully) forever home with me🙂. We are working on building our bond, as well working on some emotional issues and physical pain and it is hard, because he is an older boy so baby steps are required. This is where the oils are a Godsend.
I do daily sessions with him and as a result he is more relaxed and able to deal alot better with noises, new scents, etc. I use Linden Blossom floral water to initally build trust, and then offer Cornflower Foral Water, Frankincense, Jasmine, German Chamomile, Yarrow, Wintergreen to mention but a few (not necessarily in that order😁)... It does depend what oils he selects on the day and then I re offer if he shows an interest in a specific oil.
All in all I'm thrilled with the progress and Carly is always on hand to help and offer support and advice. I cannot recommend the oils enough🙂..
Thank you Carly🙏
Diane Keaveny, Cork, Ireland
I highly recommend the Canine Zoopharmacognosy course with Carly. It’s a wonderful way to work with and learn from our dogs. Carly is a fantastic teacher full of passion and knowledge. The course was laid out with a great balance between theory, practice and observation. By the end I felt confident to be able to work with my dog and I've found it’s incredibly rewarding to empower our canine friends with the tools to self select. Thank you Carly! Mayla
Doing several workshops at Whitethorn has been the best decision I have made- A new pathway has been opened up for me to help heal animals and the workshops have always been brilliant fun. Thank you Carly.