Equine Pharmacognosy Wksp Level 1 Online (Sligo, Ireland) 20th/21st Nov 2021
This 2 day weekend online Live workshop is attended through Zoom with demonstrations and presentations from our Clinic in Sligo, Ireland. This course will give participants a broad and thorough introduction to Equine Pharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. This will allow attendees to commence offering plant extracts to horses in their care for such physical issues as infection, wounds, strains, hormonal imbalance, and emotional issues such as anxiety, fear, aggression etc..
By the end of the course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how horses self-select plant extracts in order to restore health
- Become familiar with the process and subtle techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses - negative and positive
- Become aware of how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their selections
- Discover sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective selection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
In addition Online attendees will receive:
- Learning pack including extensive notes and herbal samples for offering
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on our website
- Eligibility to attend Equine Level 2 and Equine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees learning experiences with us!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
Gana talks about our workshop!
- Equine Herbal Compendium
- Slide presentation handouts and notes
- Equine Zoopharmacognosy Session Sheet to record your horses extract selections
- Extracts for Conditions listings
**The course is spread over 3 days (during two weekends) to allow a period in between the two weekends for participants the opportunity to practice if they wish with their horses during which there will be a predetermined period of time allocated daily on a private Facebook Group for Q&A's and support/guidance from Carly. Unfortunately due to time constraints and no's attending, Carly is unable to evaluate individual videos taken by owners of their horses selecting. However, if you require one-to-one video guidance please consider availing of a directed skype/zoom session by Carly for your horse. Please click here for further details.