Equine Zoopharmacognosy Level 1 Wksp Online - date to be confirmed
This live online (Zoom) Level I workshop, gives a broad and thorough introduction to Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. Attending this Certificate Awarded Workshop will give participants the knowledge and basic experience to commence offering plant extracts to animals in their care for such physical issues as infection, wounds, strains, hormonal imbalance, and emotional issues such as anxiety, fear, aggression etc
By the end of the weekend you will have had the opportunity to:
- Observe, identify and interpret behavioural responses to plant extracts offered for physical /emotional, presenting symptoms
- Become familiar with plant extracts offered for presenting symptoms and conditions
- Understand how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their extract selections
- Understand sequential selection and simultaneous offering
- Be introduced to the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
- Reference notes including Extracts for Conditions, Extract Compendium and presentation slide sheets
- An opportunity to have a one-to-one consultation with Carly regarding your horses specific needs
Plus attendance of this Workshop will allow you subsequent access to the Members Only section of Whitethorn Herbals website where you can avail of the information within the section 'Extracts selected for Conditions'. You will also be eligible to attend Level 2 wksp. Please note that neither of these workshops confer a professional qualification.
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees learning experiences with us!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
If you are unsure as to whether your system will support Zoom, please go to the Zoom support page to check your systems requirements: