Equine Applied Zoopharmacognosy Wksp Level 1 Online Ireland/Europe/UK - 10th,11th & 18th April
This 3 day online workshop spread over 2 weekends (10am - 3.30pm GMT+1 via Zoom) will give participants a broad and thorough introduction to Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. This will allow attendees to commence offering plant extracts to horses in their care for such physical issues as infection, wounds, strains, hormonal imbalance, and emotional issues such as anxiety, fear, aggression etc..
By the end of the course you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn the theoretical and practical application of how horses self-select plant extracts in order to restore health
- Participate in an online human and equine self-selection session with your horse
- Become familiar with the process and subtle techniques of offering
- Identifying behavioural responses - negative and positive
- Become aware of how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their selections
- Learn about sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective selection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
You will also receive:
- Learning pack including extensive notes and Equine & Human self-selection samples* (see below)
- Receive support during the week between the weekends guiding you in your offering practice with your horse** (see below)
- Access to Membership Only section for Extracts for Conditions on our website
- Eligibility to attend Equine Level 2 and Equine CPD's
- Certificate of Completion to add to your CV
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees learning experiences with us!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
- Equine Herbal Compendium
- Slide presentation handouts and notes
- Extracts for Conditions listings
- Equine Zoopharmacognosy Session Sheet to record your horses extract selections
- Weekly recording sheet for your horses extract selections
**The course is spread over 3 days (during two weekends) to allow a period in between the two weekends for participants the opportunity to practice if they wish with their horses during which there will be a predetermined period of time allocated daily for Q&A's and support/guidance from Carly. Unfortunately due to time constraints and no's attending, Carly is unable to evaluate individual videos taken by owners of their horses selecting. However, if you require one-to-one video guidance please consider availing of a directed skype/zoom session by Carly for your horse. Please click here for further details.
Paula, Equine Zoopharmacognosy student had this to say about our online workshop:
"I honestly found Carly's online Equine Zoopharmacognosy workshop very helpful in expanding my knowledge and skill base on working with my animals, I had thought 2 days online . But the interaction was fabulous and the two days flew way too quickly, I highly recommend the online course "
In order to participate in this workshop you will need to be able to download the Zoom application onto your phone or laptop. If you are new to Zoom or would like to brush up on how it operates, please go to the following link where you will find links to Zoom tutorials:
If you are unsure as to whether your system will support Zoom, please go to the Zoom support page to check your systems requirements: