Equine Zoopharmacognosy Level 1 Wksp - 19th & 20th Sept (Sligo, Ireland)
These Level I workshops gives a broad and thorough introduction to Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. Attending this Certificate Awarded Workshop will give participants the knowledge and basic experience to commence offering plant extracts to animals in their care for such issues as laminitis, lameness, infections, colic etc
By the end of the weekend you will have had the opportunity to:
- Observe, identify and interpret behavioural responses to plant extracts offered for presenting symptoms, whether they be physical or emotional, positive or negative
- Get to know which groups of plant extracts are offered for types of presenting symptoms and conditions
- Understand how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their extract selections
- Understand sequential selection and simultaneous offering
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
- Take home informative text handouts for future reference
- An opportunity to have a short one-to-one consultation with Carly regarding your horses specific needs
- Participate, engage, learn and enjoy this hands on workshop with horses on site, in beautiful county Sligo countryside led by Carly
Plus attendance of this Workshop will allow you subsequent access to the Members Only section of Whitethorn Herbals website where you can avail of the information within the section 'Extracts selected for Conditions'. You will also be eligible to attend Level 2 wksps.
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees experiences, location, daily schedule, accommodation etc!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
Join us for a great weekend!
Shanna Rice, Co Down
"Carly left a real impression on me in only 2 days. The course made me question a lot of what I do in my own area of work and I cant wait to explore. Also cant wait to get home to work with my own horses on a much deeper level"
Jai Hunter, Co Derry
"Wonderful relaxed learning space. Information clearly presented. Food and accommodation was top class.
The Craic and curry were mighty!"
Sinead Moloney, Co Limerick
"Really enjoyable experience which gave an excellent introduction into how we can support our horses emotionally and physically. I thoroughly recommend the workshop with Carly and am looking forward to Level 2"
Carmel Morrissey, Co Carlow
"Blew my mind - understanding horses on a different level"
Cathy Browne, Co Westmeath
"The workshop was professionally delivered in a relaxed, informal setting. Carly is an absolute mine of information and very generously imparts her knowledge"
Rachel McGloughlin, Co Dublin
"I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop, finding it to be a very interesting and fun learning experience from the classroom through to the practice. Observing the horses select the various plants and oils they required was truly amazing. I would definitely recommend it!"
Deborah O'Donnell, Co Sligo
"I really enjoyed myself - the course surpassed my expectations! I will definitely be back in the future and will be recommending the course. Thank you!"
Leyla Karadogan, Co Mayo
"It was a great weekend. I highly recommend it! Very practical and informative, with a great teacher. Thank you Carly"
Nikki Cutlar, Co Galway
Click here for more testimonials from Vets and other professionals in the Industry