Equine Zoopharmacognosy Wkend Wksp - 5th/6th Oct 2019 (Sligo, Ireland)
This workshop gives a broad and thorough introduction to Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. Attending this workshop will give participants the knowledge and experience to commence offering plant extracts to animals in their care.
By the end of the weekend you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn to observe, identify and interpret behavioural responses to plant extracts offered for presenting symptoms, whether they be physical or emotional, positive or negative
- Get to know which groups of plant extracts are offered for types of presenting symptoms and conditions
- Understand how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their extract selections
- Understand sequential selection and simultaneous offering
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
- Take home informative text handouts for future reference
- Participate, engage, learn and enjoy this hands on session with horses on site, in beautiful county Sligo countryside led by Carly
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees experiences, location, daily schedule, accommodation etc!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
Attendance of a Workshop will allow you subsequent access to the Members section only of Whitethorn Herbals website where you can avail of the information within the section 'Extracts selected for Conditions'.