Equine Zoopharmacognosy Level 1 Wksp - 4th/5th April & 5/6th Oct (Sligo, Ireland)
These Level I workshops gives a broad and thorough introduction to Zoopharmacognosy, its methodology and benefits, as well as laying a theoretical and practical foundation of knowledge for the attendee. Attending this workshop will give participants the knowledge and basic experience to commence offering plant extracts to animals in their care for such issues as laminitis, lameness, infections, colic etc
By the end of the weekend you will have had the opportunity to:
- Observe, identify and interpret behavioural responses to plant extracts offered for presenting symptoms, whether they be physical or emotional, positive or negative
- Get to know which groups of plant extracts are offered for types of presenting symptoms and conditions
- Understand how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their extract selections
- Understand sequential selection and simultaneous offering
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
- Take home informative text handouts for future reference
- An opportunity to have a short one-to-one consultation with Carly regarding your horses specific needs
- Participate, engage, learn and enjoy this hands on workshop with horses on site, in beautiful county Sligo countryside led by Carly
Plus attendance of this Workshop will allow you subsequent access to the Members Only section of Whitethorn Herbals website where you can avail of the information within the section 'Extracts selected for Conditions'. You will also be eligible to attend Level 2 wksps.
Click here or see below to learn more of other attendees experiences, location, daily schedule, accommodation etc!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements