Equine Nutrition Workshop Date to be confirmed
This one day workshop (10am - 5pm) is facilitated by Whitethorn Team Vet Kerstin Koeppchen. This workshop aims to give you the information you need to feed your horse correctly thus maximising health and minimising health issues arising from incorrect nutrition and feed management. There are interactive elements and as such participants need to wear protective footwear.
- The digestive system - how it works and how it can go wrong!
- Nutrients, supplementation - what does your horse really need?
- Body condition scoring (interactive element) - how you can tell if your horse is over or under weight
Vegetarian Light Lunch (included in price)
- Digestive issues - corrective and effective management for colic, ulcers, EMS etc
- Feeding for different disciplines and life stages of the horse
- Using the information learned going forward at home - how to work out what your horse needs?
Please Note: This is an independent event and not sponsored by any feed manufacturer or supplier!
Click here to read more about Team Vet Kerstin
- Workshops are held at Whitethorn Farm, Sligo, F56N500 NW Ireland - see How To Find Us for directions.
- Workshop commences at 10am and concludes at 5pm. Light lunch and refreshments are provided but we suggest you bring a packed lunch if you have specific dietary requirements. Please bring outdoor weather clothing and wear suitable protective footwear appropriate for working with horses.
- Accommodation: Bed and Breakfast accommodation is available at Whitethorn Farm. Click here to view and book. Other options are available in the area - a list of recommendations can be forwarded to participants on request.
Please email us if you have further enquiries