Equine Zoopharmacognosy Wkend Wksps 2019 - June & Oct (Sligo, Ireland)
The weekend workshop will give participants the knowledge and experience to commence offering plant extracts to animals in their care.
By the end of the weekend you will have had the opportunity to:
- Learn to observe, identify and interpret behavioural responses to plant extracts offered for presenting symptoms, whether they be physical or emotional, positive or negative
- Get to know which groups of plant extracts are offered for types of presenting symptoms and conditions
- Understand how and why horses differentiate between the 3 ways of self-administering their extract selections
- Understand sequential selection and simultaneous offering for effective offering and thereforeselection
- Understand the different approaches when working with physical issues (such as pain, inflammation, infection) and emotional issues (such as trauma, grief, anger)
Enjoy being among like-minded people and have fun!
Click here to learn more about our workshops!
VETS - Our workshops are accepted by the Irish Veterinary Council for credits towards veterinary CPD requirements
Next Workshops in Sligo:
SAT 29th & SUN 30th June
SAT 5th & SUN 6th Oct
Deposit - if you wish to reserve your place you may place a €50 deposit (non refundable) with the balance payable 4 weeks prior to commencement of the workshop
Attendance of a Workshop will allow you subsequent access to the Members section only of Whitethorn Herbals website where you can avail of the information within the section 'Extracts selected for Conditions'.
Isabell Freund, 2017workshop attendee
- Workshops are held at Whitethorn Farm, Sligo, NW Ireland - see How To Find Us for directions.
- Workshops commence at 9.30am and finish at 4.30 – 5pm. Light refreshments are provided but we suggest you bring a packed lunch. Please bring outdoor weather clothing and wear suitable protective footwear appropriate for working with horses.
- Accommodation: Bed and Breakfast accommodation is available at Whitethorn Farm. Click here to view and book. Other options are available in the area - a list of recommendations can be forwarded to participants on request.
Please email us if you have further enquiries